Wednesday, March 23, 2011

if the 3rd time wasn't the charm... the 4th time must be April Fools!

If I had a dollar for everytime someone told me, 'it (pregnancy) will happen when you least expect it', I would be rich.  And they were certainly right.  Kind of. 
We took the past month off of fertility procedures to enjoy a quick ski trip & to 'rest' from the pressure.  Sure enough, it happened naturally.  As always, we proceeded with guarded optimism.
Today, I would be 5 weeks & 4 days pregnant.  We learned today that it is likely a tubal or ectopic pregnancy, as there is nothing in my uterus.  It's indescribable to go from seeing an empty sac in my ultrasound of prior pregnancies to seeing a whole lot of nothing at all in today's ultrasound.  My body sure fooled me this time.  There was a pregnancy, just not where it's supposed to be.  I can only pray that it isn't tubal, which if not corrected, can damage my reproductive organs.  I'm not done fighting yet, I still need those parts!

It is kind of sad that I have become quite numb to the disappointment.  It also doesn't help that I've been fighting a terrible chest & head cold for the past week (sans any cold medication because tylenol is the only 100% safe in pregnancy!).  Crying is not much of an option today.  I can't breath with these darn sinues as it is.

I am so grateful for my support system of my family & friends.  I don't know what I would do without you all.  With all that is going on in the world (especially Japan), I can only be thankful that a 4th failed pregnancy is my only heartbreak today.

On the foster front (because that is very much constant in our lives), we have had lots of interest in Igor, but no serious follow throughs.  I actually became annoyed with one interested party today.  He was so arrogant to believe he didn't need to fill out an application & could come meet Igor (without the rest of his family) with 15 minutes notice!  Excuse me Mr. Important Business dude... you're not worthy.  ;-)  And another lady asked if she could 'test him out' in her home for a week.  What are people thinking?  Of course, we want Igor & Stella to find their forever homes so we can save more dogs from the shelter, but we refuse to just give them to anyone that is interested.  We have had zero interest in poor Stella.  She did just get her professional pictures taken this weekend & a mass email was sent today to dog lovers in the Chicago area.  I am seriously considering renaming her 'Sammi Sweetheart'... yes, from the Jersey Shore.  'The sweetest bitch you'll ever meet' is her claim to fame.  Stella is still the sweetheart in our home.  She is thriving without any  problems in our home.

I can't believe I've forgotten to mention this is previous posts, but my husband & I have both finished reading The Lost Dogs, the story of the Michael Vick pit bulls.  I am borrowing it to ANYONE that is interested.  It is the most enlightening, heart breaking & heart warming book I have ever read.  These dogs have the heart & soul of what we humans should aspire to achieve in a single lifetime.  Their story solidifies our plight of saving & educating about this very precious breed.



'We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare, and love we can spare.  And in return, dogs give us their all.'

No comments:

Post a Comment