Friday, January 14, 2011

Can I get off this rollercoaster now please?

The past 24 hours have been quite the emotional rollercoaster. 

On a high point, we met a couple who were interested in LeRoy (a family member of the PetVet technician that cared for him after his oral surgery) last night.  We loved them & they loved LEROY!  They are proceeding with adopting the sweet boy & have changed his name to Santo as he starts his 3 weeks of training at Mixed Up Mutts today.

Due to an early start at work, Santo had to spend a few hours with me there.  He really is sweeter than I ever imagined.  He sat through a meeting & was content laying on the ground, while dutifully keeping watch of the door.  If only we could teach him to search for drugs & sniff money, he'd have a job!
Before I took him to the adoption coordinator that transported him to Mixed Up Mutts, someone said 'he has changed my opinions of pit bulls'.  That is what I live to hear in our fostering endeavors!

Dropping him off for his transport was bittersweet.  We signed him up for the training program assuming that he would need all the resources he could have under his belt to make him more marketable, being a 4 year old pit bull in search of a forever home.  Little did we know he doesn't need much training (he's near perfect already) & that someone would jump at the opportunity to adopt him!  In 3 weeks, I will pick him up when he returns & deliver him to his new family & complete the adoption.  Santo is another one that will get the perfect life he so deserves.

As my Friday was coming to an end, I received the unexpected call from my insurance case manager.  The review board responded to my appeal 4 days early.  They are still denying my IVF treatments.  Unbelievable.  I'm so emotionally exhausted today, that is all I can think.  On Monday, my last attempt will be to appeal through my employer's benefit office.  I am looking for an attorney that deals in insurance b.s. if anyone out there knows of one???

For now, I am relishing in the puppy love from Lexi at home, looking forward to our vacation to Vegas in May, and thinking about a ski trip in the next 2 months.  My life goes on!

Today, I also miss my grandpa, as today would have been his birthday.  He passed right before I landed my dream career 6 years ago & I know he's my angel above.  He is surely where I inherited my love of dogs from! 

3 day weekend, here I come!  Thank you Martin Luther King for your holiday on Monday.

'To err is human, to forgive, canine'.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment